Job Title: Marketing Assistant for and Social Enterprise and Educational Programmes Development
Based at: 14 Clarendon St. Derry, BT48 7ET
Position reports to: HURT Centre Manager
Job Purpose: To support the charity in raising awareness of the Social Enterprise and Educational Programmes now available through HURT.
Fund and promoting the charity. To organise and attend events to achieve the above and research and develop new social enterprise opportunities and education programmes.
- Researching new funders, trusts, corporate etc.
- Promote and publicise the work of HURT to corporate, commercial and business organisations, general public and community groups and potential social enterprise opportunities at corporate and funding events.
- Design and develop marketing material (Review, and quarterly newsletters).
- To work with other charities and organisations to promote and develop the work of HURT.
- Any other appropriate duties to fulfil the charities objectives in realtion to the social enterprise and education development.
A self motivated person is needed to fulfil this role, supporting the Centre Manger in promoting the activities of HURT. The applicant may be expected to occasionally work unsocial hours and weekends at certain times of the year.
At times travelling on their own may be required and overnight stays may be expected
when attending corporate and funding events over a course of days or some distance from home.
- Computer literate having a working knowledge of design and layout skills.
- Able to work on own initiative
- Be articulate and have sound knowledge of English language
- Be a confident face to face communicator
- Have empathy with and good knowledge of HURT and its programmes.
- Be flexible and be able to work unsocial hours when required
- Have experience in or willing to develop skills in dealing with the media
- Comfortable speaking at public events
- Experience in the role of fundraising and/or marketing would be an advantage
- Hold a clean driving licence
5% commission on all completed sales and 5% profit share.
45p per mile for business travel. Employee’s responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is insured for business use.
For further information contact the Manager on 02871369696